Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hey do you see that line???

Let's all admit we are narcissistic creatures that cannot help but be fascinated by our own reflections. Especially when we're having a good hair day. So I was walking past my dresser mirror and had to stop and play with my super cute hair (I'm embracing a curly phase) and then I stopped when I noticed my arm. There was this strange line on the back of my arm, I've experienced this phenomenon before, but it's been forever since I noticed it. I have TRICEPS!! I obviously had to spend an additional few minutes flexing my arm and turning side to side admiring myself


But I digress....

I was SET to swim yesterday. New suit, swim cap (which I'm weirdly not hideous in. Yes, I tried it out and walked around the house for an hour or so) goggles, towel.... The pool was empty but I wanted to get in a solid workout before so I first went and after my typical warm up (1.5miles on the elliptical about 20min) I biked for 7 miles, which takes me 28:52. I'm not thrilled with that time, but like everything else I'm not pushing for my best. I'm just trying to maintain a steady pace throughout. Well afterward I was ready to jump in the pool and start my first swim. And when I walked out to the pool area what I saw; was this...
Ok not this picture EXACTLY, but something pretty similar. So went home, ate my Smores Protein Bar and pouted that the old ladies ruined my workout. Ok actually I just went home with the intention of swimming later than night. But one 5 hour drive to Denver (Krystal better love me) and back in a snow storm ruined that thought too... Then I agreed to work an extra shift today, and tomorrow....
I swear I am going to swim this week! It's going to happen, there might be a follow up post about how I choked on water and have all the grace of Carrot Top in the water, but I shall swim!
Relief and motivation has arrived in the mail

Well I already own the iPod, but I lost the charger. So I had to order a new charger. I've been suffering with an armband with my iTouch, and I've missed my shuffle and how easy it just clips to my shirt. Makes my workout so much easier!

Something HELPFUL... So during my adventure to Denver after I had stopped to fill up the gas tank I realized it had been 3+ hours since I had eaten and needed something. So what exactly is available in a Gas station? Well all the chips, candy, normal fare was OUT! And I am really allergic to sunflower seeds (which are a healthy snack) I found all organic natural pepper beef jerky. High protein, no carb, no sugar... It worked! I'm not a big red meat eater, but beggars can't choose Doritos!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment