Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Muscle Memory

I used to work out a lot, A LOT!!! It was the only few hours in the day where I was doing something just for myself and I became obsessed. I don't know what it is about working out that makes you eat healthier, but after an hour on the elliptical, a bowl of strawberries sounds a lot better than a piece of pizza.

I went to the gym this morning and actually worked out! Kinda my day 1. And what I was shocked by was how quickly my body remembered my routine. And it's been 1 1/2 YEARS since I was last hard core. My amount and times suck! But I did it and I'm ready to go again.

So here are my current stats, I'm following a few different training programs and kinda meshing to fit me.

1 mile elliptical warm up (I once had a trainer tell me that you need a cardio warm up to stimulate the mitochondria in your cells to start breaking down fat cells, unless lifting weights only builds muscle without fat loss)

Upper body workout- Since my legs are my strongest part of my body, I really need to up my arms. Swimming 500 meters??? I'm hoping I can get some killer biceps. I didn't push it today. 3 sets x15 reps. Pretty basic.
Chin ups
Dips
Chest fly
Chest push
Row
Lat pull down (my FAVORITE!! Seriously I use that machine even on leg days I love how it feels)

Then I worked on a tiny "brick" workout.

Brick means that you go from one activity straight to the next. Without a long transition. So I went bike to elliptical
2 mile bike, took me 8 min 43sec (I didn't push though knowing I still had 30 min on the treadmill)

I CAN'T RUN
I have tried so many times to become a runner. And even in my best shape I could not RUN a mile to save my life. 10 miles on an elliptical; no prob. I think it's a mental thing.

So I'm really going to FOLLOW the training on how to learn to run, which the first day was 30 min of WALKING.

Alright so I ran for about 4 minutes of it, I can't be a complete wimp.
30 minutes on the treadmill, I went 1.9 miles.

The triathlon is a 5K at the end. Which means it would probably take me 45 minutes and the rest of the world 15. Hopefully within a few weeks, I will be posting that I've been able to run an entire mile.

For lunch I'm eating half a grapefruit, half a turkey sandwich with avacado and mustard!

Something HELPFUL....I'm obsessed with my Camelbak water bottle. If I fill it up and carry it around I drink constantly.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment