Monday, January 17, 2011

TRI the RIM


I'm registered!


TRI the RIM
Durango, CO
Fort Lewis College
April 17th 10:00am

500 meter swim

10 mile bike

5k run
I've started a few "brick" workouts. And I got my book in the mail which I am quickly devouring. I'm trying to take the advice and train slowly. Not push too fast because this is about endurance.
I'm also really working on eating every few hours. And making sure I have good snacks around me. I got a new swimsuit, goggles and cap. This week I planning on making my splash in the pool and I'm really focused on learning proper swim technique.
Something helpful... You need to eat within 30min after a workout. It keeps your blood sugar from dropping and helps your body to keep metabolism higher for longer. My new favorite is PURE PROTEIN bars, they are by far the healthiest (I spent forever comparing nutritional facts) and the Smores flavor is really good. Beckham begs every time I eat one
K

1 comment:

  1. PURE PROTEIN S'mores bars are, by far, more tasty and healthy than any bar out there. In my humble opinion, naturally. The Double Fudge and the Cookie Dough are okay, but not the same. Mm... now I want one...

    ReplyDelete